The Year of the Monkey begins on February 8, 2016.
Rather than being a Monkey on your back, the Red Fire Monkey of 2016 is just what you need to take a leap in your life. According to Chinese tradition, the enthusiastic energy of the Monkey combined with the Fire element provide the fuel to make changes you may have been considering for some time. Take some time during this New Year celebration to let the fire monkey on your shoulder lead you to making some positive changes in your life.
Below are some simple things you can do to usher in the Year of the Monkey:
- Clean your house from top to bottom to rid it of any bad luck from last year. Sweep it out towards the door.
- Clean your internal house as well, paying off debts and resolving any quarrels with friends.
- Get some new clothes and a haircut before the big day (scissors are to be avoided so you don’t snip off any good luck).
- Prepare food ahead of time for family and to give away. Knives also must be put away so you don’t accidentally cut off any incoming good luck.
- Decorate the house with red and gold banners. Red signifies happiness and gold represents prosperity.